Monday, September 1, 2008

Four Day Weekend

I somehow managed to talk my boss into letting me have Friday off, with Monday being Labor Day I got four days off. Let me tell you, it was great. Here's how my weekend went:

Friday- I headed on the mountain bike for a longish ride out to Dennis Moore's trail. About a quarter way there the clouds really darkened up, wind starting blowing up dust, it just didn't look right so I turned around and went home. It's good thing I did because some really nasty thunderstorms passed through.

I sat around the house waiting for the storms to pass, no worries I'm on vacation. The storms passed and I decided to hit up a loop or two at Lake Fayetteville. I hardly ever go to LF because it is just to crowded, but I figured at this time of day it shouldn't be to bad. First I stopped by the pool for a few laps, got in about 1000 meters and then it was off to the trail. Great workout, about 2.5 hours all together.

Saturday and Sunday- Not to much training these two days. A long walk with Smuckers in the morning. Later that evening it was time for the Razorbacks season opener. My sister(Larissa) and I walked down to the game and sat on the "grassy knoll" to watch the game on the big screen. Sunday consisted of 1hr spin around town and a movie(Tropic Thunder).

Today was the good stuff. Took off on the mountain bike(I will be on my MB more often) headed for Dennis Moore's trail. I went the scenic route, about 14 miles of pavement one way. DMT is my favorite trail in Northwest Ark., the only downside is you must climb a nasty, loose gravel hill in order to get to the singletrack. You are rewarded once you've reached the top, but damn that is one tough climb. It shredded me today, I had to take a break at the top and considered bagging the ride. I eventually continued on and was feeling ok shortly after. Got in about 3.5 hours and just shy of 40 miles. It was a great ride.

No comments: