Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Get the Hint

Coming home from work this Friday, I decided to stop by the beer store for a few well deserved(I thought) refreshments. My pack was already full with clothes and a pair of shoes, so I had to carry the 12er in my left hand and steer with the right. All fine and good till I get to my driveway, a few bumps at speed and the handle rips off and beer falls to the pavement. I guess someone's telling me to drink fewer beers. I'll take that suggestion, at least till next Saturday. Here's the carnage:Was a good week of training considering Gustav rained on NWA for about three days. Wednesday Smuckers and I got in a solid road/offroad run in the pouring rain. It was a lot of fun splashing through the puddles getting strange looks from the locals driving by in their comfy autos. Thursday I got out on the road bike for a 35 mile loop. The weather was cloudy and cool, I actually saw a rider with a jacket, that's strange for early September in this area. Friday was just a commute and a dog walk. Saturday found me hanging around the house with the dogs watching/listening to college football. I love some college football. Today was my weekly brick. Headed out for a 30 mile road bike ride at 18mph. Then straight into a 4 mile run. The whole workout lasted just about 2 hrs. Felt great on the bike, not so much on the run. I couldn't get the heart rate to go below 164 and most of the time it was about 168-170, ouch! I hope the HR will drop as I get better trained with these bricks.

Next week is the mountain bike race at Devil's Den. I feel good about my fitness level, should be good times. I just hope the rain stays away.

No comments: