Sunday, September 28, 2008

Great Training and A New Schedule(I think)

Just found out about this trail running series, looks like fun. All these venues are less than a 30 minute drive from my house. It's trails that I regularly ride and run on, I'm stoked Here is the entire Fall schedule:
Fall 2008 Series



Register for any event by mail:
Registration Form

Lake Fayetteville - Two Turtles
Registration Online
11 Oct 2008, 9am
Fayetteville, AR
Address, Map, Directions

Slaughter Pen - Pen-demonium
Registration Online
08 Nov 2008, 9am
Bentonville, AR
Address, Map, Directions

Dennis Moore's - Water Works
Registration Online
22 Nov 2008, 9am
Farmington, AR
Address, Map, Directions

Devil's Den - Fossil Flats
Registration Online
13 Dec 2008, 9am
West Fork, AR
Address, Map, Directions

Hell yeah! Hats off to Darby for putting this together. My plan is to race in Fayetteville on Oct 11 and then the next weekend Oct 19 hit up the AMBCS race at Womble(mountain bike). This is one of the best trails in the state(nation) it is deemed an IMBA epic. This will cut out the Chile Pepper on the 18th, I'm ok with that. I'd much rather run these fantastic trail races/mtb race than run through a field in the Chile Pepper. Don't get me wrong, CP is still a great race that brings in super fast runners from multiple states. I, however, would rather run on trails and race my mountain bike.

I had a great weekend of training, thanks to Trevor for setting it up. I finished a swimming threshold test on Sat. as well as a mountain bike ride out at Hobbs state park. Today was a long run, including some time at race pace. I felt great, you know it's a great effort when you can out run your dog. I had to drop off Smuckers so I could get in a race pace effort. This was the last 12 minutes of the run and I felt as fresh as when I started the run. It was a great run with zero knee pain

No comments: