Friday, September 26, 2008

Ghetto Track

I had a run test set for Thursday per coach. I had originally planned this run to take place a the Fayetteville High School track, which is a top-notch track. I got off work early yesterday, so I got my clothes and shoes and headed for the track. FHS track was a little busy, the football team was practicing as well as the track team. No problem, I'll head further down the hill to the new U of Arkansas track. Wrong. They were practicing as well. On to my third choice, Ghetto Track.

I knew no one would be here. I wonder why?

Had a decent run despite the track conditions, didn't quite turn in the time I wanted. Just leaves lots of room for improvement right? Today is rest. Tomorrow is the last of the tests, swimming. I think I am looking forward to this one the most. I swam on a highly competetive swim team year-round as a youth. I remember hours and hours spent in the pool after school doing all sorts of drills for technique and speed. I am hoping those hours will help me out in the near future.

Also in the plans for tomorrow is a longish mountain bike ride, I've decided to go to Hobb's State Park. It's a newish trail system, about 4 years old. Super buff, fast riding loops totaling 20 miles in all. Miles and miles of 16'' ribbon like trail through the trees, you can't ask for much more. Should have some pics up tomorrow or Sunday. It's Friday! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: