Sunday, September 14, 2008

Heavy Sleeper


I must be a heavy sleeper. I knew Fayetteville was going to get some heavy rain from Hurricane Ike, But I had no idea all this damage happened last night. All these photos were taken just up Mt. Sequoia, less than a quarter mile from my house. I slept right through it all.

I got out on the mountain bike for a few miles on gravel. I went out to the road that leads to the singletrack on Kessler. First climb up the hill I had to stop several times to clear debris. I stopped short of the top because I started running into lots of mud and water was still draining down the hill. So I decided to stick to the gravel road climb. This section is just shy of a mile long, starts off really tame and then steepest section coming at the very end. Climbed it six times before heading out to find something else to ride. I just cruised around looking for any roads that weren't paved.

I liked this photo, you can see that this limb was struck by lightning and burned for a while. Crazy!


No comments: