Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blown Away

I needed some new mountain bike tires so on Thursday afternoon I went surfing the internet for a deal. I have been running Maxxis Larsen TT's for the last year and a half. I'll say this, when the conditions are just right, these tires rock. They roll fast and are predictable. However, Larsen's aren't so good when wet and/or muddy. Also, I have been running the UST versions with tubes. This setup is heavy but I hardly ever flatted. I was ready for a change, sort of. I found a set of Continental Explorer 2.1 with the protection for a reasonable $35 each. Not a super steal but I'm pleased. I have used these tires before, they really worked well for me. Ok, here is the kicker, this is why I am "blown away" I ordered these tires from Competetive Cyclist Thursday about 4p. When I came home from work Friday, my tires had arrived! WTF? I had them sent regular, ground UPS. They arrived in less than 24 hrs. Hats off CC. I will be back.

No Devils Den race for me this weekend. I have been feeling a little bit under the weather and I really don't want to put to much stress on the body. Plus Hurricane Ike was likely to rain all over this event. I think they got all the classes off before the rain started. It's raining currently as I type and will continue all night. Rain should stop sometime early afternoon on Sunday. Planning on a gravel grinder in preperations for this.

Should have some news for next years season soon. I'm getting excited already.

No comments: