Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow?


Woke up this morning to a dusting of snow with more snow falling. This was the scenario for the entire day. Wind and flurries. I wanted a long mountain bike ride today, but I was informed of showers in the area while I was in LA. With the snow melting on contact and the showers the previous day, I decided to can the mountain bike ride and go for a run instead. A very mellow run, 40 minutes at an easy pace. Temps were hovering at 33 degrees with snow and a stiff north wind at the time of the run, I think the wind chill was 22. Actually, I felt really comfortable out there today. I guess I'm getting used to the cold. There's not much one can do about cold, nasty weather(other than move), just dress accordingly and get out there. Getting out there is the biggest obstacle for me when it gets cold, staying indoors seems very appealing. Once I convince myself to get out from the comforts of heated air, I'm fine. I really love training in cold conditions, it's just that I have to remind myself every time. I have to prep both mentally and physically this time of year to get outdoors and train. It also helps to read blogs from people who live where it really does get cold. To see them ride in nastier conditions than will ever be seen here in Fayetteville is inspiring, I really can't complain.

No comments: