Monday, November 17, 2008

Big Thanks to Highroller Cyclery


I need to send a big thanks to Highroller Cyclery for hooking me up with a Lefty fork while mine is off to the manufacturer for a rebuild. My second rebuild in a year and a half, is that normal? All I've ever used is Cannondale products, Fatties and Lefty's. I don't ride in a lot of muddy, wet conditions, I try to avoid such situations. I think I am going to try the Lefty for one more season, then I will decide if I want to switch to a Fox. Again, thanks to Chris D. at Highroller for letting me borrow the Lefty. It's good to have a great relationship with a good bike shop. I went in the bike shop on Thursday, told them the situation, they gave me the loaner fork, I installed it, gave them my fork on Sat., and today my fork is on it's way to PA to get rebuilt. Spot on. The above photo is my bike with the loaner fork.
The weather has really sucked around here the past week. I grew up in the south, mostly in Louisiana and Arkansas, so I love the heat, no, I thrive in it. Honestly, I'll take 90 deg. over 50 deg. any day. It hasn't been Wisconsin cold, but it has been to cold for me. Saturday's high was about 44 deg. Sorry for the bitching, it's going to be a long winter. I've had my eye on this place for a while. I think I could handle the temps.
On the training front, all is not well. I have been occupied with moving into a new house. This past weekend was mostly spent cleaning and painting. Fri. and Sat. were pretty much a complete waste with regards to training, I did manage to get in a swim on Sat. Sunday I did manage to get in a long run though it just didn't feel smooth. I was suffering from all the painting and cleaning.
I dread next weekend. It's the heavy lifting time. Sofas, washer, dryer, refridgerator, basically everthing left in the house. My parents are coming up from LA to help so that is a huge bright spot on the weekend. Everything will be back to normal soon, I have forgotten what a pain it is to move. When I moved up here from Monroe, LA in May '02, I fit everything I owned into two loads of a Ford Ranger.
Over the weekend I did manage to pick up a new pair of running shoes. I went with a pair of Books Cascadia 3. Long time ago I wore the original Cascadia and I loved them, by far my favorite shoe. Recently when I was up for a new pair of shoes, I tried and tried to find the originals, no luck. So I decided to try the newest version, Cascadia 3. I'll post opinions after some time in the shoe, I hope it is as good as the original.

No comments: