Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh So Sore

Did my first weight lifting session last night and today, of course, my upper body is extremely sore. My lower body, however, is not sore at all. What gives? I guess I just didn't work my legs as much as I thought. Yesterday marked the first time I have lifted weights in about 2 years. Honestly, I can think of many things I would rather do than lift weights, it's just not enjoyable to me. But, I truly believe it is going to be extremely beneficial to me in the upcoming Xterra season, so I will continue to pump iron for the next two or three months. I hope its not longer than that, depends on what this guy says. As much as I hate lifting, I can't wait for my next session. Gotta get rid of this soreness

Got in a good swim session today. Most of my swimming lately has been at the pool at work. It is a new facility, very clean and I really like the pool. Most of the other pool users are older and use the pool strictly to aqua-jog or do aerobic type activities, so I feel a little awkward swimming intervals next to them. I am Micheal Phelps of the 20yd, geriatric pool. My only complaint with the pool is that it is only 20 yards in length. Swimming gets tricky when Trevor prescribes intervals at certain distances, a few require some improvising. I'm getting the work done though, putting in the yards and effort. Swimming is becoming fun again. I love that feeling of pulling yourself through the water, streamlined and efficient.

One more thing on my mind is next year's Xterra schedule. I know I am way ahead of myself as the schedule is probably a long way from being released. I hear rumours that my region(South Central) may get a championship next year! Fingers crossed it's Eureka Springs. Plus I am excited to plan out my race season for next year. All things will come in time and I will have time to prepare for each race

1 comment:

jameson said...

i hear ya about the '09 schedule.... I am waiting to plan my season!