Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not So Snappy

Damnit. Not 24 hours after I received my Snappy Cap, one of the dogs thought it would make an excellent toy. I'm not naming any dog names, but I have narrowed the culprit down to a multi-colored dog. Here's what's left of my cap
Also, the fork on my mountain bike is in need of service. This is a big deal because the fork is a Lefty and has to go back to Cannondale. No one around here can service Lefties, at least not what I need done. Last time I had my fork rebuilt, my LBS had a spare fork to loan me while mine was away. Fingers crossed they still have it. I love my Lefty. . . when it is working properly. But sending it in every year is a huge hassle and expensive. Thinking, maybe, a new ride for next year. I'll just save my pennies for the Specialized
Last Sunday I headed out for a run with my friend Katie. Started from my house and headed up the hill to the trails on top of Mt. Sequoia. Katie was looking just to get out for an easy run as the day before she had completed a 50k trail run/race(she won). Her legs weren't quite under her, 15 minutes into the run she clipped a rock/root and down she went. She took a direct hit to the knee by a rock. That ended her run, we walked the rest of the way to her house, all downhill. She was in pain. She'll be back soon though, she's tough.
My training is moving right along. I'm just following the plan that Trevor lays out. Right now is all endurance/base training and of course my favorite, weight training. I'm still sore, at some point I hope my body will adapt to the weight training and I will stop being so sore. Tomorrow is a rest day leading into what looks to be a great weekend.

1 comment:

Trevor Glavin said...

Your body will adapt...just keep at it bud!