Friday, October 3, 2008

Looking Back

Tonight I found an old photo of myself running in a duathlon in Shreveport in 06. It got me thinking about my progression as an athlete. At the time of the photo I really thought that I was in great shape. Looking back, I was not in shape at all for the duathlon. That race was absolutlely terrible, but that is another story. Looking back I really wasn't in shape at all. I have been swimming, cycling, and running for a couple years since then. Each year, so far, has brought a new level of fitness. My only hope is that in a year from now I can look back at this post and can say that I have achieved a new level of fitness for myself. That is all I can hope for, progress.

I'm geeked about next year, my goal is to qualify for Xterra nationals. I have been reading these guys blogs, James Cody, as they prepare for this years nats. I want to go next year. I have some guidance, Trevor, in my pursuit of a nationals berth. TG has been great, personalized workouts, no cookie cutter, one size fits all. I look forward to working with him to achieve my goals.

I'm riding Dennis Moore's trail tomorrow. I will take my camera and post some pics Saturday night. We have some great trails here in Arkansas, Syllamo and Womble, both IMBA epics. Not to mention several other trails that are worthy of high regard. DM's trail, however, won't even get mention among mtb'ers that live just miles from it's corridor. Most people don't even know it exists. Dennis Moore is a long time resident of the Fayeteville area that owns several acres just outside of Fayetteville close to Farmington. An avid cyclist, Dennis constructed a ~6 mile network of technical singltrack trail atop a large hill(I can't call them mountains, even though technically they are). I love this trail, it's short but very technical. It can be the best or worst mountain biking expierence, some days I can fly through all the rock other days I'm not so fluid. Not to mention the nasty hill you have to climb just to get to the start of the trail, lungbuster. TG has me doing a intervals on the climb before the fun singletrack.

1 comment:

Trevor Glavin said...

Keep up the hardwork and you will reach new heights as an athlete, I am certain of it!