Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lake Leatherwood

Got a solid three hour ride out in Lake Leatherwood this morning. My plan was to ride the Xterra course twice for my scheduled 3 hr mtb ride. I did get one loop of the 13 mile course in, 1hr 35min. The winner of this event last year had a bike split of 1 hr 18min, I think I can come really close to beating that time. Today was just a casual ride, easy on the flats but I did go hard on the hills. I did get to ride Miner's Rock trail three times, it is by far my favorite trail. Total length is a little less than 4 miles. You have to climb from either end, but you are rewarded at the top with some of the best bench cut singletrack I've ever ridden. Just a hair over two miles of flowing singletrack that always puts a huge grin on my face.

Weather really sucked today in NWA. Sunny, light breeze and a high of 69 degrees. Damn the bad luck. I saw 6 bikers out on the trail today. 9 out of 10 times I ride at LL I do not see another biker. I did see a rider on Miner's Rock who wasn't wearing a helmet. What? How can someone be that ignorant?

Here are a few pics from today's ride, the leaves are falling

No comments: