Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Arrgh! Rain!

I knew we had rain forecasted for today so it shouldn't have been a great suprise that my afternoon run was rained out today. I watched the weather all day, no rain in sight with temps right around 68 degrees. I wanted to run so bad, however work load was high so sneaking out for a midday run was not possible. I get off work at 430 every day, about 345 today I notice the sky getting really dark. Sure enough, about 30 minutes later rain falls. My commute home was a little wet to say the least. Thanks to the bike trails at least I didn't have to fight the rain and traffic.

The temperature has dropped about 15 degrees and it is still raining, as I type. I didn't make my run today. Not a huge deal, however, I will start preparing better for inclement weather. I have at my disposal a great gym with treadmils, pool, workout equipment, etc. Gives me no reason to miss workouts, just need to be prepared i.e bring workout clothes.

I'm looking for a trainer. Never thought I would be in the market for one, but I think it makes sense. Lots of bike training this winter with limited daylight and the possibility of rainy, nasty weather. I'll still hit the trails a lot, I'm a big fan of night riding and will ride outdoors as often as possible. Nontheless, a trainer or rollers is in my near future. I foresee much pain and suffering prescribed by this guy Bring it!

No comments: