Thursday, October 16, 2008

Laying Low

Not to much going on around here lately. I've been laying low after my race last Sunday. Training wise, just a few spins on the bike, a couple super mellow runs. So far my knee has done just fine. No pain during either of the last two runs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

This weekend should be great, sunny with highs in the mid sixties. Saturday I have a three hour mountain bike ride planned, where to ride? I think I have narrowed it down to Dennis Moore's trail or Lake Leatherwood in Eureka Springs. Both are outstanding trails with LL being the longer of the two. It is also the site of the Eureka Springs Xterra. I want to do this race next year as long as it doesn't conflict with this, like it did this year. Anyway, I know the ES Xterra course well. I believe it is about thirteen miles and hits every major climb in the park. Twice around would get me my prescribed three hours. On the other hand, Dennis Moore's trail recqires only human powered transportation to get to the trail head. I can leave straight from my house, ride the road for about 45 minutes one way, hit one loop, and ride home for a solid 3 hr ride. Of course I could head out to Hobb's or maybe Devil's Den or Lake Wedington. It's good to have choices.

Sunday is for running, I have an hour trail run as my main workout. I'm gonna head out to Lake Wedington with Smuckers.

I'm ready for some trails

No comments: