Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Kite Flying Weather

The weather this weekend has been nuts, today's high reached 69 and yesterday was in the low sixties. That's warm for Northwest Arkansas in mid-December. The only complaint I had with the weather this weekend was the wind. There was a sustained wind of 22-24 mph coming up from the South. Me being the genius that I am decided to end both my rides this weekend coming home fighting the wind. Averaged about 20mph heading to the trail and about 11 mph heading home, ouch! Got in about 6.5 hours of saddle time between sat and sun, plus a long hike with Smuckers.

It felt awesome today, riding in shorts and short-sleeves and half-fingered gloves. Lots of other riders out today, most of them way over dressed. They had to be roasting underneath all those clothes as I was sweating with the above mentioned kit. The weather will be short lived however as a massive cold-front blows through tonight. High today- 69 High tomorrow- 22. No joke, 22 is the forecasted high for tomorrow. Oh well. A trainer isn't looking so bad now.

No pics, I think my camera is broken. At least the battery will not charge.

No comments: