Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Cold Ride on Mt. Kessler

When I woke this morning, I was greeted with very warm temps. 55 degrees to be exact. These are the clothes I picked out for my ride today.
I knew there was a cold front coming through sometime today, I just didn't know when. The last thing I wanted to happen is getting caught out in shorts when the temp drops 20 degrees. So, I checked the weather channel's hour by hour, sure enough, I would have froze in the above outfit about half way through the ride. I decided to run some errands and gear up for a winter weather mountain bike ride. By the time I got to the trail, the temp was 32 with a strong north wind. The current wind chill is 20. I felt fine on the trail, but the ride home was frigid. Total elapsed time was 3hrs, my computer says 2.5hrs. The reason for the discrepancy, I took a lot of pictures, enjoy.

No comments: