Sunday, August 24, 2008

A New Level of Slack

I've only just started this blog and already have neglected to post on a regular basis. I promise to myself, here and now, I will post at least twice a week. I can't promise content will be worth reading, but I will post.

Yesterday was supposed to be a long ride with much climbing. A 70 mile loop with four lung busting climbs and plenty of rollers. Chris, George and I took off from my house around 7a to overcast skies. None of us actually checked a radar map, bad mistake. About 18 miles into the ride, the lightning caused us to can the ride and head home. At about mile 20, the rain hit us and was off and on for the next 12 miles. I don't mind riding in rain, just don't like lightning. 32 miles at a casual pace.

Last night was spent cleaning the road bike and enjoying a few glasses of red. She also got new brake housing/cables and tape. After a run of red and blue, I decided to go back to black. So, the bikes all cleaned and lubed, just waiting on me. I think I'll go for a bike ride.

No comments: