Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Brick and a Tempo Ride

Sunday I took off on a 50ish mile loop to make up for the rain-out from Sat. I just wasn't feeling it, legs felt good but for some reason I didn't want to be on the bike for 3+hrs. So, I did my normal 32 mile loop and decided to go for a run of the bike. Damn I felt slow. Haven't done a brick in a while(IT Band Problems) A little over 3 miles and I was done.

Monday was a rest day, just the commute to work and an hour walk with Smuckers.

Today, road bike ride on my usual 32 mile loop. Legs felt great and I decided to throw down. My weakness in training is that I don't get enough high intensity effort into my rides. I tend to sit back in endurance mode and go for quantity. Today had the quads burning and the heart rate elevated. Note to self-more high tempo riding.

Tomorrow has me riding to work and an hour spin on the road bike, then another walk with the best dog in the world, Smuckers. We will do our favorite loop through the U of A campus and then down to Wilson Park for a dip in the creek.

Thursday is a road ride with the Jackelope. I'll try and through in a few high intensity efforts

No comments: