Saturday, March 7, 2009

Some Trails Are Open

There are a few trails here in NWA that are open. I got out for a two hour mountain bike ride this morning. It really worked me. I haven't been on a mountain bike in a while and I think my arms and lower back have forgotten what a workout it is to ride trails. Also, I was on a rigid, singlespeed. Anyway, all was good and I had a blast. Temps were amazing hovering at about 70, shorts and short sleeves were the smart choices for clothing today.
It's shaping up to be a great weekend, 1.5 hours on the bike yesterday, 2 today, and a tri-sports road ride planned for tomorrow should have me at about 7 hours of cycling for the weekend. Throw in a couple dog walks and a swim session and it is a solid weekend of training, for me. I haven't had a really solid weekend of training in a while, sickness and other responsibilities have kept me off the bike. Getting back in the training groove feels right, I've missed it.

No comments: