Monday, March 9, 2009

Muy Beuno Fin De Semana

It was a great weekend, I wrapped it up with a 45 mile road ride on Sunday. Wicked head wind to begin the ride wore me out. I had a 7 mile section of wide open road into a 20 mph sustained headwind that just sucked the life out of me. Limped on home in about 2.5 hours. It was a good weekend of training and I am feeling a little puny today. Got in a commute to and from work today and that is it for training, I needed a low training day. Tomorrow starts another 6 days of training, only 34 days to Iron Pig and 89 days to my first xterra of the year.

A pic of me fighting the wind, did I mention I hate the wind? Well, I do. Actually I'd rather climb10% grades than face 15 mph winds. How come I can out climb most of my riding partners but I get shelled when it's flat and facing a head wind? Watts equal watts, right?

2 comments:

Jackelope said...

It's because you only weigh like 30 lbs dude. It's all about the ballast. The wind affects a feather much more than it does a brick...

igotem ____________ Kevin Cox said...

Good point, however I think I'll try and stick as close to the feather side as possible. Me likes to climb