Monday, January 19, 2009

A Solid Week and a New Look



I was growing tired of the look of the blog so I decided to do a few changes. I wish I new a little more about computers so I could really customize the look, right now I'm stuck with the pre-made templates.

The new pic on the header was taken today during a ride on Kessler. There is a tree that lays over the trail at a height of bout 6 feet, just perfect height to take self photos. I think it turned out ok.

This past week was absolutely terrible for training, Friday was the only day above freezing with a couple days only seeing highs in the low 20's. I still managed 6 hours on the bike(all outdoors), 3 runs(2.25 hours total), and 2 weight training sessions. Not near the volume I wanted, but given the circumstances, I'll take it. This week I have gotten off on the right foot with a 2.5 hour mountain bike ride at Kessler. I threw in a few hill repeats to test out the legs. They responded better than I expected. I climbed strong and cleaned several technical sections I usually have to dab once or twice.Headwaters Challenge is just two and a half weeks away. I need my climbing legs for this ride. HC is an awesome ride through some really rugged country led by How Kuff and Ira White. How lives in the area and Ira grew up there. They have both constructed some really killer trails. The ride is just over 34 miles but will take close to five hours to complete, you have to earn every mile here.

No comments: