Sunday, March 18, 2012

Going To Be a Good Year



One might ask, Why make the assumption that this year will be "good?" To be honest, I really don't know. However, I am extremely optimistic about the upcoming year. The main reasons I think this year will be fruitful are the fact that I am being coached by Trevor Glavin, it's my second year with him, I'm over my freshman year of Xterra, and many of my races this year are on course I raced last year.


First is Trevor, TG. I asked him to be my coach a few years ago, but due to injuries, last year was the first he actually got to coach me for a full season. TG really knows what he is doing as a coach and I am really stoked to see what he has planned for me each week. I am sure I will see much improvement this year having been under his guidance now for the second year in a row.



The other reasons I say this year will rock is that I have gotten over my freshman year of XTERRA. Racing all three disciplines off road is not easy, it took me most of last year to realize what I had to give on each phase of the race. Also, the races I have planned for this year are ones I did last year, knowing the course is invaluable to me.



There it is, just a few reasons why I will kick ass this year. If I don't, then there is always next year.


I'll close with a few pics from today's run at Hobb's. BTW, nailed that 55 minute run. Yeah, it's going to be a good year!


Doin Work.



New Shoes!



I really like this pic, not only does my hair look fantastic but in the background the trail is visible. Sweet Singletrack.

No comments: