Monday, March 1, 2010

Called Out



I got called out for not posting here for a very long time, kind of like how I got called out for not shaving when there were ample amounts of razors and cream to be used. Well, I'll post but I am still not shaving the beard.


It's still cold here in NWA. Yesterday I was in LA riding my bike in shorts and sleeves, I was loving the 60 degree temps with sun. Today I am back home to overcast and 40. I shouldn't complain because 40 is a lot warmer than what we have had for high's.


While visiting my folks, I did manage to get in back-to-back road rides. I haven't done that in a while. I mapped out a 34 mile route for Saturday, profile was flat as a pancake compared to NWA road rides. My ride was cut short, however, as I took a wrong turn and knocked off nearly 8 miles from the route. That was to bad as I cut off some of the best road on the route, fairly smooth and zero traffic. I mean zero traffic. I did the full 34 mile loop on Sunday and I still didn't see a single vehicle, coming or going, on Seven Pines rd. It felt good to get the two rides in and I actually felt better on the second day's ride.


The forecast for this week looks supreme, I'll definitely be putting in the miles on the road. Speaking of road, I got a new road bike. It is a demo Tarmac we had at the shop. The bike is in immaculate condition, it just didn't get used all that much. One thing I really like about it is that there aren't to many out there with this paint scheme. Here is a pic, yes it is purple.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Hello there old friend! I've missed you I've been back in MD for a month now and planning on staying a while. You should come up as I am only a couple of hours from the smokies and need a hiking partner! I know you'd rather ride but a good hike would do you good. Also I'm thirty mins from dc and just three hours from Atlantic City. besides it's been too long since I've seen that handsome face. Call me sometime I'm usually up at 7 and in bed by 12 but I took an uncharacteristic nap that is keeping me up tonight. Hope to hear from you soon. Love, Nic