Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lake Leatherwood Pre-Ride

Ok, so the trail was finally dried out after a solid week of no rain, sun, and temps in the mid 70's. I was stoked to ride the course with dry conditions after last Sunday's cluster. I saw a women heading up from the lake before my ride all decked out in fancy swim attire and I made sure to pick her brain on the course before I headed out. She told me the course was in ok shape and that all the climbs were do-able. She was right, I made all the technical climbs however I just wasn't feeling all that great, not really strong at all. I bagged the ride after just one lap, put in a respectful 1hr 29 min time. That's definetely not as fast as I'd like to go but like I said earlier I just wasn't feeling really strong.

Big decision coming up for this weekend, pre-ride again on Sunday or race Hobb's. Hmmm. Don't know yet what I'll do. I'd really like to get in another ride and run on the course, but it is kind of hard to pass up a race in your backyard on an awesome trail.
On another note, I found a good deal on a pair of Zoot shoes, I've always wanted to try these shoes. I'm not sure how they will perform on the trail, I'll find out in a couple days.
Here are a couple pics from Leatherwood. This one is close to where the swim will start
Here's me crossing the dam

No comments: