Sunday, February 15, 2009




Had a busy weekend with plenty of riding, parents in town, eating out, a Razorbacks game, studying, a long hike/bushwack, a little shopping, and finally tonight--a few adult beverages while watching the ToC. To say the least, it has been a great weekend.

The Razorback game was kind of a bust. We ended up losing by 16 points or so, and it was never even really close. I don't know what has happened to my beloved Hogs. Started the season 12-1 with victories over top ten ranked Oklahoma and Texas, now we sit last place in the SEC at 13-10. What gives?

Enough of that, on to training. Managed to get in just over 10 hours on the bike despite my sickness. Running and swimming were almost non-existent, logged in one workout in each discipline. Sickness is about 95% gone and fitness will return shortly.

Got out on the road bike today for a 2.5 hr ride. I really had to psyche me self up to get out and ride today. When I left my house the temp was 34 degrees with snow flurries. That is a big contrast to my short sleeves and shorts I was sporting on my ride Friday evening. I'm grateful for those warm days in Jan. and Feb, but damn it makes it hard to find motivation when it is snowing less than 24 hours later. I guess you just have to man-up and suffer through the nasty workouts because I just refuse to buy a trainer. The only reason I could warrant a trainer is if the snow and ice made the roads unrideable for days in a row. That just doesn't happen here, so I guess I get to suffer outside during the winter and bitch about it here on this blog.

The next two week on the bike are going to be focused on climbing and extended hours. I have some routes that are all within city limits that will challenge my climbing skills. Also, I have been averaging about 9.5 hours on the bike per week, I'm going to up the hours for the next two weeks. I'm shooting for 13 hours each of the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Jackelope said...

Dude, the beard makes you look like DZ

igotem ____________ Kevin Cox said...

Wish it would make me ride like him